It all started th
As you can imagine what went thru our minds! How were we going to live without electricity for so many days? Ah, it was pretty inconvenient! Lucky Kyle, he's in Chicago for business. As for me, I pretty much "camped out" at Panera (thanks to its wifi, I managed to stay connected to the outside world) and Barnes & Noble (for all the books) during the day. When the sun went down, I just hung out with my little 4-legged boy, taking him out on walks and such. It stinks that I couldn't brew coffee in the morning and had to eat out pretty much every meal, but we were not the only ones – about 260,000 households in central Ohio were out of power like we did. In fact, we were the lucky ones if compared to the people in the south who were directly hit by the unforgiving hurricane.
Surprisingly on Tuesday evening when I came back from the bookstore, I saw lights being turned on and felt the cool air blasting in the apt! Yay, the power is back!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to say, I have a whole new appreciation for electricity after this ordeal!
Anyway, my favorite big oak tree at the apt complex couldn’t hold up to the gusty wind on Sunday. One of its "arms" was blown to the ground, broken forever. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment