Sunday, September 7, 2008

The other kind of football

I have no idea that Columbus has such crazy soccer fans!!! For a minute I thought we were in Europe watching soccer! Fans not only clad in their yellow & black jerseys, they came with drums, horns, trumpets, streamers and pretty much anything that makes loud noises and creates distraction to the other team!

This past weekend, Kyle and I got a pair of tickets to watch the pros play at the Columbus Crew Stadium. It was a much anticipated game between the #1 seed Columbus Crew vs. the #2 seed New England Resolution. I've been to countless NFL, NBA and MLB games, but this is my 1st MLS game! It was a lot of fun! Fans were cheering and jeering, thumping all kinds of drums, stomping on the seat and ground, "singing" the soccer tunes, yelling "you s_ck, as_hole!" every time the Resolution goalie goal-kicked the ball back to the field (yes, even young kids yelled that!), and much much more. What an experience!!

After an entertaining 90 minutes, the Crews totally kicked the Resolutions' butt, winning 4-0! Go Crews! :)

No comments: